Amid two long years of withering multiples and dwindling deals, talk at the recent Criticaleye Private Equity Breakfast turned to the future: will PE houses soon be considering “investing in ugliness”? The Group raised the following topics:
• Deal flow increasing, but uncertainty remains
• What’s the best route for exit?
• Can you deliver against “a promise to fatten”?
• How stretched are PE houses?
• Is PE lazy?
• How much due diligence did you do before taking your exec role at a PE house?
• Why are there so few UK and European PE firms involved in China?
• How can start-ups and SMEs access the right support for sustainable growth?